How would you like to build up a purchasing powerhouse, and negotiate like a boss with retailers and brands for the best deals? In a buzzing team in the heart of Berlin?
What you’ll tell your mum you do?
“As a Purchasing Manager at Grover, I make sure we get the best tech products, faster and cheaper than anyone else, so we remove more artificial barriers for more customers.
What will you actually do?
- Create strategic sourcing plans to help create long-term value for Grover and its customers
- Analyze like a scientist the spending patterns, and invent creative ways for saving opportunities and become the purchasing wunderkind
- Invent new sourcing processes for better, smarter pricing, and just in time deliveries.
- Deliver detailed data-driven reviews to senior management, focused on sourcing, and continuity of great supply to deliver just in time demand.
You’ll do this by...
- Negotiating like a boss and implementing agreements by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers
- Inventing your way out of boxes by not following widely accepted constraints such as “we’re not big enough to negotiate directly with this brand”.
- Establishing yourself as the go-to-person for key partners and brands, you know what makes those people tick
- Taking pragmatic action, together with Category Management & Finance, as soon as you see a certain product pick up speed in local and global trends
What will your day look like?
“Hey!“ You’ll grab a coffee and greet your colleagues in the Business Operations team, excited to get going. You’ve been looking forward to this day for the whole week. Why? It’s time to get your hands on the latest iPhone 11 that just came out that everyone is talking about. After discussing with Emilien, who heads up Category management, you decide to start of with a couple of hundred units. We’re not on the shortlist yet, but you got a masterplan to outshine the competition. Just before the end of the day, you’re back with good news. You were able to hunt down just enough iPhone’s to ship to everyone on the waiting list! BOOM! That’s how you do it.
What are the musts?
- Have excellent German and English – verbal and written (so you know, the company language is English)
- More than three years of experience in purchasing – we’re trying to reinvent things, including purchasing, however, a little bit of experience is necessary.
- Incredible creative thinking skills –you know how to be resourceful with less than what you actually need, and how to innovate your way out of a box.
- You tell stories with numbers — you to tell data-driven stories, and guide the company where and how to source the next million products.
- Negotiation is your second nature — you hear a ‘NO’ and turn it into a ‘maybe’, you hear a ‘maybe’ and you’ll turn it into a ‘yes’. You love this game.
What's in it for you?
- A chance to implement your own sourcing strategies – we won’t tell you how to do it. We’re hiring you to tell us how to create a world-class procurement & sourcing team
- An incredible team and working atmosphere
- Space for new initiatives and ideas – we will always listen to what you have to say, whether you’ve worked with us for one day or six months, are an intern, or the CEO
- Challenging work that will put you in your flow state, so you may even forget once in a while that you’re actually working
- A flat hierarchy – we think in "teams", not "bosses," and believe that everyone has a valid point of view
- The chance to move your career forward – the beauty of being part of a growing and open-minded company is, if you show initiative or passion in a certain area, your role can move in a new direction
- Oh yes, money – we’ll make sure you can experience more than enough in life
Sound good to you?
Great. Go ahead and introduce yourself. Resumés are required, cover letters are optional, and we’ll ask you some questions to begin with, to see how you think. There are no right and wrong answers – just thoughtful (and Googled) ones.