Grover is the fresh alternative to buying and financing
With Grover, you can subscribe to the latest tech instead of buying or financing it. We're on a
mission to reinvent consumption, go easier on the world's resources, and make innovative tech
products accessible to everyone. As our community is growing every day, we're now looking for
a Payment Specialist
- Full ownership for the management and optimization of Grover’s payment setup (Paypal and CC via Adyen), including recommendations on improving payment rates, STP rates and lowering costs.
- Ongoing monitoring of payment performance and management of PSP settings (e.g. PSP risk configurations, 3DS management).
- Identify and evaluate PSPs which are best fit, including running an RFP process (where necessary). Partners will need to be evaluated on technical, operational and commercial terms, hence previous experience in this area is critical
- Identifying business process solutions that increase efficiencies, improving customer satisfaction and driving scalability
- Strategize on the future of payments and develop plans to partner with industry players to further digitize and democratize payments
- Guide the partner integration with the engineering team. This involves solution design, assistance in drafting contracts, facilitating coordination/work between parties, and setting up the governance metrics/SLAs
- Manage Business development opportunities with Financial Institutions, Card schemes and Payment processors.
- Maintenance – being a primary source of contact for payment partners/Grover internal teams in getting commercial, operational and technical issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Have +5 years working experience in operations or cash management teams in e-commerce or a similar field
- Deep understanding of payments including processing, settlement, and local and scheme regulations
- Knowledge of both cross border and domestic payments
- Experience in payment processing, ideally within an organisation with client money responsibility
- Very good understanding of business processes
- Experience in working with SEPA and other international payment standards; experience in working with payment providers
- Strong Project Management skills with an experience of implementing complex technical projects
- Honesty and discretion when handling confidential financial information
- A team-player, who can also take responsibility and work with a high level of autonomy
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
What we offer you
- A high-impact role in one of Berlin’s fastest-growing startups
- Lots of opportunities for personal growth and for making your mark
- Entrepreneurial responsibility and flat hierarchies
- Working within a smart, highly motivated international team
- A fun workplace in a modern, spacious office in central Berlin
- Goodies including Fresh Fruit & Drinks and the latest, coolest gadgets
- Plenty of Team Events and Training opportunities
Want to work with a small but very effective team, and help us change the world of consumption? Then you're in the right place. At Grover, we value entrepreneurship, intelligence, and speed in everything we do. We're a team of over 50 creative minds, from more than 20 countries – which means our aims, beliefs, and ways of working are influenced by many different perspectives. In our HQ, in Berlin Mitte, there's no room for hierarchy, and plenty of space for fun, collaboration, and rethinking the way the world does things.